Friday, August 29, 2008

Anna's Haircutting Adventure

I came downstairs last week to find hair everywhere in the house. Anna had gotten hold of a pair of paper scissors from a drawer and cut every...single...hair...on...her...head. Some as little as an inch off, some with only a few centimeters left. 

BEFORE:




She cut Caroline's hair, too. Pretty much everything just above the ear. I tried to do Caroline's hair in a french braid yesterday, and the spots where it's just an inch long were really noticeable. I guess we're not going to do a french braid for a while. When it's down, it's really hard to tell, so we didn't have to cut ALL her hair off.

DURING:


AFTER:



Our good friend Mollie is a genius with the scissors. I didn't think there was any hope for Anna's hair when I saw it, but it looks so cute now. She gets compliments from strangers in the store now, which I really cringe at. She does look cute, but I'm worried that she thinks it looks so good because SHE cut it. Both of the kids have been grounded from Webkinz for a week. Take that.

10 comments:

Mrs. Grindstaff said...

WOW! Mollie is a genius. Love the after pictures.

Sarah said...

You certainly made a better fix of that mess than when Meg grabbed the scissors. We're still trying to grow it out. Each day still includes a strategic part and "comb-over!"

Stacee Maree said...

adorable. I have been fortunate not to have a scissor incident in my house YET! I pray it never happens

Michelle said...

I just went and hid all my scissors thanks to your post. Glad her hair was "salvagable".

Katie said...

I cringed the whole way though! But wow! I'm amazed Anna looks so good!

Taylor's said...

I would just cry! Lucky that has not happened in our house yet. Way to be a good sport about the whole thing and the punishment . . .fitting!

Susanna said...

What is with kids and scissors? My boys gave my daughter a haircut a few months ago. Luckily it wasn't too hard to fix.
The new do is cute!

Jenny said...

Wow! Anna looks great. I'm glad it turned out okay. I'm not sure I would handle that situation so calmly if my kids did that. Thanks for the reminder to keep scissors up high. (I think Lissa cut my hair when I was little.)

Kimberly said...

Wow, I'd say Mollie did a great job. She looks great. So far we have avoided that disaster. (cross you fingers)

Hailee and Chet said...

Mollie is a genius well maybe im saying that because she is my sister in law :)