Thursday, March 13, 2008

Nate's Birthday, Among Other Things



Anna modelling the sweater that Grandma knitted for her. She wouldn't let me take it off for dinner and we had quite a fight.

Caroline trying to take a picture of Anna and me.

She finally got it right.

Anna's new favorite food is toast and jam.

Caroline and Anna love playing with play-doh at their princess table. We had to get this shot of a clean play room because two seconds later it was a disaster again.

We celebrated Nate's birthday a few days early this year, because this week is so crazy. It was such a beautiful day that we had steak and salad outside on our deck. It was the perfect birthday dinner.

I didn't want to bake, so I bought this monster of a coconut cream pie at Costco. Then I couldn't find any candles, so we put three lit matches in the middle of the pie. You can't really see them. Happy Thirtieth Birthday, Dad!

12 comments:

Contessa Elegante said...

Happy Birthday to Nate!! Caroline has such a sweet smile, and Anna is a natural model! You have such a cute family!

Scott Grindstaff said...

Should we send Nate candles for his birthday next year?

Adele said...

Josh says you're getting old, Nate! Of course... he's only two years behind ya...

Adele said...

PS... Happy Birthday

Adele said...

Ok, so I have to come back and comment... I cannot believe that Anna is that big already. Wow.. I seriously had to take a double look- I knew it couldn't be Caroline, but wow.. How can Anna be that big already?

Aim said...

Nate!
good to know you made it home safely. just wanted to say hello and have ya drop a line every now and then.

Aim said...

P.S. Happy Birthday and also you may only know me as SGT Post... you can call me Matt.

Mr. Fallon said...

The girls are growing up so fast! It's good to see that you're all doing well. We really miss you guys. The house looks awesome...I'll bet it's great to have such a big yard for the girls to play in. We love our house, but it's on less than .2 acre. We're doing our Lagoon Day on 7/25 again this summer...do you guys want to come? One way or another, let's plan a get-together this summer.

Michelle said...

Cute kids! I can't imagine having a "princess" table at my house. Just 50 or so balls. (This is Mucky, by the way).

Liz said...

We miss you guys. Owen loved playing with the girls. He'd probably eat the play dough, though, so they'd have to do something else like chase the chickens.

Stacee Maree said...

Okay MJ I grew up in Gunnison and Had no clue that that dragon was there? What business is that? I know that my dad's graffiti used to be there, but I am sure that is gone now. How long have you two lived there? Okay since december I just read that, where do you live? I kindof recognize that would be green house? Are you loving gunnison? I loved it and would move back but my hubby doesn't want to live that close to my family, don't tell them that they would feel bad.
This is the first that I have checked out your blog, so keep it up so that I can get caught up on the dragons that live under the bridge and other sorts of things in ole Gunny
Stacee

Michelle said...

Anna looks just like her dad!